MANKATO TIMES Mankato, MN (December 12, 2018) —
Mayo Clinic Health System recently made a $6,500 donation to the Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund (JZCF). This generous gift is a 2018 contribution to the JZCF Box Love Campaign and will be used to fund the JZCF’s signature program, the JZ Caring Box, which provides specially designed care package for cancer patients, their families and caregivers.
JZ Caring Boxes are distributed through Mayo Clinic Health System and include items such as a warm and comfortable blanket for use during treatments, a journal for taking notes at appointments or capturing thoughts, a cookbook with nutrient- rich recipes, and a gift envelope that contains a gift card, as well as helpful information and a list of important resources to help meet the needs of the patient.
Tracy Culbertson, R.N., Mayo Clinic Health System, says the oncology team sees approximately 600 new cases of cancer each year at their facility alone. “Our team has seen firsthand how the JZ Caring Boxes bring joy and comfort – as well as necessary support to our newly-diagnosed cancer patients and their families – during a difficult time,” Culbertson says. “Mayo Clinic Health System is proud to support the Jonathan Zierdt Cancer Fund program and its inspirational impact in our community.”
- Hockey Day Minnesota 2022 Grow The Game Fund Grants $6,000
- Mankato Area Foundation 50th Anniversary in 2024!
- Greater Mankato Area United Way Receives $20,000 From Consolidated Communications Community Fund For Mental Health Navigator Program
- Glen Taylor Announces Start of New Charitable Legacy Plan
- Little Engine that Could: Holiday Train Overcomes Obstacles to make its Debut at Kiwanis Holiday Lights